ICYMI, mini pancake cereals are the new Dalgona Coffee of social media!
Mini pancake cereals are slowly emerging as the latest TikTok sensation, and people are C-R-A-Z-Y about it! So what is it, and what makes it the perfect quarantine breakfast? Let’s check it out:
What are Mini Pancake Cereals?
Well, there is no rocket science to it. The name pretty much sums it up.
Mini Pancake Cereals are simple pancakes, but mini! Get a bowlful of these, and you have cereals ready. Such a no-brainer!
How to Make Mini Pancake Cereals?
Here’s a quick recipe to whip up these delicious goodies:
- Half a cup of all-purpose flour
- A tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda each
- Half a cup of buttermilk (or regular milk)
- One medium egg (whisked)
- First, start by combining the dry ingredients together and pass it multiple times through a sift.
- Next, mix all the wet ingredients together. Add it bit by bit to your dry mixture while whisking continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Whisk it all together, but don’t over-whip it.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and apply a thin layer of oil to it. To this, drop the pancake mixture one teaspoon at a time.
- Allow the pancakes to cook until they bubble; it takes anything between 30 seconds to a minute. Flip them (they should be golden brown on the cooked side) and cook on the other side.
- Scoop out all the pancakes in a bowl. Voilà! Your mini pancake cereals are ready! Drizzle it with maple syrup or honey and add a pat of butter. You can even pour some milk into your bowl.
Are you looking to spice up and modify the classic recipe? Here are a few additions that you can make to the classic mini pancake batter:
- A teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a dash of nutmeg for a spicy twist.
- Two tablespoons of cocoa powder for an indulgent chocolaty flavor (Don’t forget the choco chips!)
- Add two teaspoons of lemon zest and two tablespoons of strawberry puree for a berry-licious taste.
- Chopped nuts, dried fruits, and raisins will give it the fruit and nut vibe.
- For red velvet cereals, add four tablespoons of cocoa powder and some red food coloring. Swap the regular sugar with confectioner’s sugar.
- Some pumpkin puree and mini chocolate chips will give it an interesting flavor profile.
Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Mini Pancake Cereals Breakfast
Now that you’re all set to get into your kitchen, do keep the following tips in mind:
- Scoop or pipe pancakes smaller than you think you might need as the batter will spread.
- For a healthier version, you can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or oatmeal flour.
- Try the cereals with some fresh yogurt, berries, and bananas. Customize as per your taste (Honestly, you do you).
- You can flip the pancakes individually or in a whole big batch. Alternatively, you can also shake them up.
What do you think of this new viral trend? Do try out the recipe and share it with your friends!